General X-Ray Machine Operator (GXMO) Program
Are you interested in a career with opportunities in multiple medical modalities, Urgent Care, Podiatry, Chiropractic or Physician offices? Are you interested in a career where you will learn the current medical technology? If you can answer yes to these questions, then OIAH is looking for you. Come and learn what being a general x-ray machine operator is about.
Our program focuses on a state required curriculum, and preparation for the state examination. It also includes clinical time spent learning radiographic equipment, film processing, digital imaging, and radiation safety.
Upon completion, our students are qualified to take the State General X-ray Machine Operator Exam, which will enable them to be licensed by the State of Ohio.
We offer affordable and flexible classroom and clinical hours.
- Offered to those who have completed classroom hours
- Proof of General X-ray Machine Operator’s License
- Describe the role of the General X-ray Machine Operator
- Describe/demonstrate the use of an x-ray unit
- Correctly identify anatomy on radiographs
- Understand and implement radiation safety
Urgent Care Facilities